Thursday, September 15, 2011

STOP FOOLING YOURSELF!

Here I am, checking in 2 weeks after my last check in...ugh. I blame that little thing that comes around once a month and totally destroys everything in its path! It wasn't a great couple of weeks on plan, but really all I had extra was a few chocolate chips here and there...yet that can do tons of damage to the weight loss efforts. I had gone up a couple pounds, but as of today I am -1lb from where I was last check-in! Back on track and not going in the freezer where those little devils are hiding. A friend of mine shared an excerpt from a book, which made me start thinking....how an I sabotaging my efforts! It's not worth it. This weight is not worth it to live my life the way it's meant to be lived. It's been a struggle of mine since high school and it's got to stop! How am I going to teach my family some day how to eat healthy. Am I really taking care of my "temple"? Things have got to change, I've got to start making better choices.


Here's the excerpt:

"STOP FOOLING YOURSELF" excerpt from the Beck Diet Solution book....

"Dieters have an amazing ability to delude themselves about food. They might be very rational and reasonable in other ways, but not when it comes to dieting. Think about the times you've dieted and were supposed to limit what you ate. Did you give yourself a "fake" excuse to eat? Here's a list of some self-deluding thoughts.....do you see yourself in any of these?

It's okay to eat this because...

It's not a whole piece
I'll eat it only this one time
It's not that fattening
I'll make up for it by eating less later
It won't matter
I paid for it
It'll go to waste
I'll disappoint someone if I don't
everyone else is eating it
I'm celebrating
No one will see me eating it
It's just the crumbs
It's free
I really want it
It's a special occasion
I'm upset, and I just don't care
I'm craving it, and I'll probably just eat it eventually

These thoughts delude you into eating when you shouldn't. After all....A CALORIE IS A CALORIE, NO MATTER WHEN, WHERE, OR WHY YOU EAT IT!

How to stop fooling yourself.....

There's usually a thought that precedes eating. Pay particular attention to the thoughts that start with the phrase.....It's okay to eat this because......

Then say to yourself -- I might not care right at this moment, but I'll care in a few minutes and then I'll be really unhappy and I SURE will care when I'm not losing weight!

-----------------------

See if this helps you identify those sabotaging thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment